Razz is a form of card game that is very similar to the 7 card stud poker game. In other words, the game of razz is an adaptation or somewhat a variation of the 7 card stud card game. It is known as 7 card stud low game. In this game, the money or rather the pot goes in the hand of the player who has the lowest hand in the game.
Razz makes use of the whole card set that is a pack of 52 cards and this can be played in a group of people, with a maximum of 8 people at a time. The main aim of the game is not about making the highest five hands like the 7 card stud game; rather the aim is to make the lowest 5 hands out of the seven hands to win the game.
What are the main differences between the game of Razz and 7 card stud game?
There are three main differences between the game of Razz and 7 cards stud game that are mentioned below:
- In the Razz game, the winner is one who has the lowest five hands and in 7 card stud games, the player with the highest 5 hands out of seven hands is the winner.
- There is a difference between the players who starts the game in each round in both the games.
- The selection of a player who starts the first betting round in the razz game is not similar to a 7 card stud game.
What are some of the important things that every Razz player should keep in mind?
Every game has some basic tips that every player should know. The important points related to the game of razz are listed below:
- In razz, the value of aces is low, unlike many other games.
- Flushes and straights are of no value in the game of Razz.
- In the Razz game, there is no such rule as “8 or better rule”.
- While playing the game if all the opponents leave the table and if there is only one player who is active on the table then he/she automatically becomes the winner and thus gets the pot.
What are the basic rules to play the game of Razz?
The rules of playing the game of Razz are as follows:
- Very similar to the seven-card stud game, in the Razz game also the players need to put some fixed amount on stake. This is like a compelled betting where all the players must keep a determined amount on the stake before the game starts.
- Next is the third street round. In this round, all the players get a set of three cards that consists of two down hold cards and one up to hold the card. Also, the player who has the highest value of cards necessarily has to start the game. The same action rotates around the table in a clockwise direction.
- In the fourth street, the players get another exposed card. All the players are can bet or check however the action in the game, the player who has the lowest card value initiate the game and then it would follow a clockwise direction.
- The next round is the fifth street. The players again get an exposed card. In this round also the person to initiate or start the round would be the one with the lowest card value or points. The person with the lowest card value is the strongest contender in the game.
- In the sixth street, all the other rules are the same as 4th and 5th street and there is betting in this round.
- In the 7th street, the final card is given and like all the other rounds the player with the lowest point would initiate the action.
- After the 7th street round if there would be more than one player on the table then they will go for the showdown round and the last bettor has to show the card first and then the action revolves in a clockwise direction. Ultimately the player with the lowest five hands out of 7 will win the game and get the pot.
The game of Razz is very interesting to play and it demands a good amount of concentration and determination from the players to play and win the game. The player with a proper game plan and patience can win the game easily.